January 28, 2012

Nontraditional Valentines w/ free digital images

I hope every one's weekend is going as expected and that you are having a great time, I look forward to spending extra time when my family is home  rather it be cooking an exceptional meal to just casually sitting around chatting.
Last night I put together a valentines card that steps out of the ordinary colors for this occasion and I was very pleased with the results.
As you know I have been playing around in Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator CS4, I  am enjoying it so much and eventually want to bring you digital images that you will want to use on your cards. As for now I am just accumulating thoughts and have started on a frog theme. I have two completed but I want to wait to give you the full package. So keep checking back!

So the image I am giving away today is basic but none the less very pretty as you will see how I put it to use in the pictures below.

My combination of digital and manual card making:

The background is my design that I put together in Photoshop. I used a blur effect to soften the look of the butterfly brush strokes. I then added an weaving overlay.
The heart was a long process considering it was my first trial at forming each colored piece by cutting 1" circles then use a new pencil ( not sharpened) as a base to wrap and scrunch around, then I glued each into place on a heart that I hand drawn and cut out.








Giveaway

This image is a PNG file so that you can print it on any colored paper, PNG just means it has a transparent background as opposed to white. If you want the colors shown in the image print using white paper.




As a special bonus I also am giving away this 12"by12" scrapbooking background and distressed layer grouped into one that I created!

The first image is a jpeg file and the second image is a png. file
This is great if you are putting together a digital album just for online or even have it sent to professional printer company if you are manually putting together a special album that you can show friends and family when they visit you!




I hope this project inspire you, enjoy your freebies

Note*  I am only a newborn when it comes to creating digital images but seeing I have drawn half of my life and took a course that taught me how to use the Adobe Suite ,  I thought I would combine it with card making and present you with digital sets in the future..I feel really good about this and know I can do it...I am learning so much!!!

<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com/dreamhost/" id="Di293">dreamhost coupon</a>

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those flowers!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card!!! I don't have Phot shop, but would love it someday....I heard it's a bit tricky to figure out, but looks as though you have mastered it!! I have become a follower!!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...