April 13, 2012

Mother's Day Card/ Stairway Effect


It's hard to believe the weekend is here already! It is harder to believe the ground is covered in snow mid April!!!, must be hard for gardeners I would think!

With Mother's Day sneaking up on us I thought I would share a simple card I made last night, this card can be made in less than an hour. The sentiment came from a Word scrapbooking 12"by12" page...

Hope it inspires you to make a quick card!

I should have taken a side view shot to show the depth which really makes this card... I started using the self adhesive glitter foam sheets for dimension, it works great .. To get the 3D effect on the front layers I started on the right side , first layer flat on page, second layer with foam tape , third layer with Glitter foam sheets.. it gives the stairway effect!


Have a fantastic weekend, I will be visiting you!!!!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeee the lace and the flower!! And I am having a giveaway this month... but not a follower one....Stay tuned!

Sherrie K. said...

Snow covered ground.....yuk! They are calling for that in our forcast too...Oh, I am so past winter and wanting summer, lol!
Your card is just gorgeous Naomi! The stairway effect is awesome and pretty papers you used. I need to dig my sewing machine out...I really like the stitching you did. Lovely creation my friend...as always, you do a fabulous job!
Hey, thanks for the b-day wishes on FB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

rlovew said...

Beautiful card. I love the papers you chose and the layering.

Anonymous said...

This card is very pretty. Love all the dimension. Where did yiu get the glitter foam sheets? Is that the fun foam?

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie, these are just cheap dollar store gitter sheets, they are only about 31/2' by 5'... they could be called fun foam, I am not sure , I had them for a while.
Thanks for visiting!

Christina Griffiths said...

Another lovely creation from your talented fingers. Love the stairway effect and the colours are great. I will have to try some of the glitter foam sheets.

Raquelle Clifton said...

Love your card! I'm a newbie to your blog and a new follower!

PinkE
Creations By PinkE
simplypinke.blogspot.com

Self-adhesive foam said...

I like your cards!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...