September 10, 2012

Friends/1st Quilling Project!

Happy Monday!!!

Thank you for dropping by today!

I am so excited I received a Quilling tool all the way from England from my bloggy friend Wendy over at " Spanish Crafter"!  I have had an interest in Quilling for quite some time but could never find a quilling tool and Wendy was ever so generous to pick one up for me in London while visiting her new granddaughter..(a real cutie!!!)

I have never even read anything about quilling and to be honest it looked complicated so I prepared myself by doing the self talk... I wanted to dedicate time to learning this awesome skill so off I went to my favorite place "Youtube" and found a tutorial on the basics!

To my surprise quilling is not as hard as it looks!!!! Yes I have much to learn especially getting the right size and learning different shapes but Gosh it is so much fun you don't think of that stuff straight away, lol... well, I didn't ...


 Here is my card and I will be entering it into  " 3 Girl JAM Challenge: Ribbon Flowers"

My ribbon flower is quite small so I hope this counts.

But take a look at my first quilling project!!!!




New Typewriter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the awesome deal I got at a yard sale on Saturday!

I couldn't believe my eyes...  it was only used a couple of times, I had to ask if there was a mistake, I love bargins and this one felt as if I won the lottery for I have been wanting one for about 5 years! The universe is giving me everything I want!  (okay, not everything)





Have a fantastic Monday!!!!

11 comments:

Wendy L said...

Absolutely gorgeous Naomi. Your shapes are so neat. Perfect 10/10 xxxxxxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Your card is beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeee the quilled flower!!!!! Just gorgeous!!! And what a find that typewriter is!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely work Naomi!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, Naomi, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I can't believe this is your first time quilling!! That flower is stunning!! What a beautiful, elegant card!! I love, love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cheri said...

This is gorgeous. I've never tried quilling either. Beautiful work. Thanks so much for entering this in the 3 Girl Jam Ribbon Flower Challenge. Your little ribbon flower is the perfect center.

Cheri
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

WOW!!!This is FABULOUS!!!!TFS

yyam said...

I think you did awesome for your first quilling project. Mine was rather pathetic! lol. Classy and elegant.

Great score on the typewriter!

3 Girl JAM said...

This is beautiful Naomi! The quilling is perfect (it is easy and very addictive!). Your little ribbon flower is perfect too! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM.

Julie
http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Jovan said...

Beautiful...thanks so much for joining 3 Girl JAM!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous flower! Love the great design! Score!! What a great deal on your typewriter!! I scored a Brand New sewing machine for $3.00 best score of my life! Thanks for joining us at 3 Girl Jam!
DT Member Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Beautiful card!! I love the look of quilling, maybe one day I will attempt it!! I am not sure you got got my message but I can't find you email address and would like to know more about your son being dignosed with Autism, I look after a little girl (she is 2) and I am sure she has some form of it but the parents don't see it. Any info would help. Could you please email me at
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

thanks
Kristan

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...