February 8, 2013

Valentines Card using Grunge blocks


Happy Friday!!

Today I would am dropping in quick to show you a unusual Valentines card I made for a friend of mine. I was inspired by a layout in "Card Maker's Magazine"




How I made this card:
  • Cut dark tan card stock at 5" by 8" (this will be your card base) 
  • Stamp a flourish only on the bottom and left side with brown distress ink and ink the edges as well using blending tool.
  • Take 6 grunge blocks by Tim Holtz's Idea-ology the same size and drop random drops of  alcohol inks, I used three different colors. (Ginger,Caramel and Latte). Then ink around the edges and top of grunge square with brown distress ink. At the edges add just a touch of black distress ink to make the brown look darker.
  • Add embellishments!
 
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to try all different kinds of cards? This one is different but I still like it b/c you made it. I use different books to make cards at times too especially if I get in a rut or need an idea for a sketch or something. Hugs Friend~Patti

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! I loveeeeeeee the colors and loving the grid design!!

jessica said...

beautiful card Naomi!! Love the colors, the grunge board squares and the fun technique!!!
Awesome job! I know your friend will LOVE it!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!!!

Karon said...

This is wonderful Naomi - love the stamping and the details. TFS

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card, Naomi!! The design and colors are awesome!! The grunge blocks look amazing!! Happy Friday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! The grunge blocks look awesome:) Fun technique Naomi!
Hope your having a fabulous Friday!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great design and love the grungy elements on this! Carri~Abusybee

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

This is really cute. Love the contrast of pink.

Hugs,
Lisa

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...