May 18, 2013

Elegant Card /Learn to make a Corrugated Trellis!

Good Morning, Good Morning, it's one hec of a morning,
If tommorrow's as good as this mornin
It'll  be one hec of a mornin!!! 
(Now say that as fast as you can!!!!)
 
Today I am feeling great and I feel like shouting it out to the whole world, yesterday I made a very elegant card with a whole lot of intricate and I am soooo excited to show you!
 
 

I used Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and followed a tutorial by the lovely
Chistina over at
Flowers Ribbons and Pearls
called
Filigree Hinged Cards
Learn to hinge two diecuts together using your Grand Calibur,  you don't want to miss this, it is such a brill idea!!!
Go Here for the tutorial

How to make a Corrugated Trellis
 
To make this trellis, take a piece of card board and strip away the outer paper on both sides so just the coragated paper is showing. (It can be a fussy job depending on the card board you are useing but it is worth it), then cut  into strips 

Sizes For Strips
1 @ 3" (Vertical center strip)
2 @ 2 7/8" Vertical strips)
2 @ 2 6/8" (Vertical outer left and right strips)
1 @ 2 1/2  (Top Horizontal strip)
1 @ 2 " (Bottom Horizontal strip)

Cut 2 @ 1" by 3/4 " for the base of the trellis
Be sure to cut the strip ends on an angel and line them up as shown in the picture.
 
 
 
 


The blue flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the small flowers on the trellis are from Recollections.
 
 
 




 
 
Have a super fabulous day!!!

15 comments:

Wendy L said...

Naomi, this is stunning, so beautiful. xxxxx

Karon said...

So glad you are having a fabulous day!! Love love this card - its beautiful and the box too! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Karon.

Migdalia said...

Happy to hear that you are feeling GREAT!!!and with this GORGEOUS card...you are ROCKIN this morning!!!WOW!! The flowers are just Gorgeous! LOVE the Elegance and BEAUTY of this card!
Love! Love! Love!...oh just in case...I LOVE it!
Its wonderful to know that you are feeling better my friend.
Sending my love, hugs and smiles to you, Michael & Troy
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that trellis and the flowers!!! Glad you are up to making something!! YAY!!!

jessica said...

This is over the top AMAZING Naomi!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this and so glad you are feeling better today to have made and posted this gorgeous card!! WOWZERS girl!!!!! Hope today continues to be an awesome one!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful card Naomi, everything about it is so lovely. I am never away from Christina's site lol I am so glad that you are feeling much better, long may it continue. Hugs, Jen :-)
Krafty Keepsakes

Lisa said...

My sweet friend, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love, love the beautiful design!! The flowers and trellis look amazing!! What an awesome card!! I am so glad you are feeling better and posting your beautiful work my friend!! Happy Saturday!! Huge Hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Crafting Vicky said...

STUNNING!!!! and so very happy to that you are better and up and around. It was great to see Lisa here, but it's better to see you!!!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Just a stunning creation Naomi. Beautiful doesn't cut it. So happy you had such a great day.

Hugs,
Lisa

Sandie said...

Naomi, this is just so beautiful .... your detail is amazing, love it so much and the way the flowers trail.
I'm glad you are feeling much better, I have been following along as much as I can. Life here has been so full on, I did email a few times but didn't want to pester you so much while you have not been well. I'm only just starting to catch up, but may not be around much - my blog is well in advance. When you are feeling much better we will catch up... I miss you...xxxxx

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better, Naomi. This is gorgeous. Brilliant trellis idea. TFS

Christina Griffiths said...

This is such a pretty card and there are lots of thing on it that I recognise ... like the little diamante fastener in the centre of the card. I am so glad that you are feeling better ... hope it keeps up for you xx

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!So glad you are back and feeling better,Have a Blessed Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey~This is gorgeous! I am so glad to see you back & feeling good. I am hoping to be back myself in a couple more weeks. Hugs My Dear~Patti

ike said...

OMGoodness - this is utterly divine !!!
So glad you are feeling good and we have you back :-)
Missed you loads.
Huggies
IKE xxxx

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...