October 21, 2013

Update on Michael/ Congrats Card

Hello my peeps!
 
I am so happy to have time to drop in and give you an update on how Michael and I are doing.
It has certainly been the biggest struggle Michael and I have taken on together,yet Michael is doing really well. His right foot is still giving him problems which slows down the process of being able to use the walker. On the other hand he has the wheel chair mastered and does things I never knew could be done or should be done.
 As for me I am OK... it is a lot to deal with but things has settled a lot in the past week. Michael could wine or cry up to 20 times a day which at times is really difficult especially when I am trying to take an important call or put supper on the table... on the plus side I must be getting better at multi-tasking!!!
We are heading back over to Halifax  on Nov 3rd to the 5th or 6th to see the Urologist , Neurologist  and the Doctor who did surgery on Michael. These test are to eliminate the possibility of his back having caused the damage to his feet. I have high hopes that it is not and believe and pray that he will not need surgery on his back, please pray it doesn't because I don't know if Michael or I could handle another surgery right away, there's a high possibility of going Coo Coo, BUT I do have a management strategy, its called
Candy Crush and The Ellen Show, hehe!
 
Today I also want to show you a card that I made a couple months back and just didn't find the time to post it, actually I just accidentally found the photo this morning on my camera. This card wasn't for any person in particular but I thought it would certainly be nice to have on hand .
 
Congrats!
 

 
I used Spellbinders Floral ovals die twice, once to cut the largest die in blue and once again using white cardstock which I cut out the oval and placed on top of the blue die.
I added Spellbinders leaves and flowers from Wild Orchid.
It is hard to see but I added silver stickles to add some glimmer!
 
Thank you all for your continued support and prayers, I can't wait to be back for good.
 
Lots of Love
Hugs
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely beautiful and so elegant with wonderful textures.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So glad to hear that you BOTH are doing well! Hoping the next round of Doctor visits are successful!!! And Ellen is AMAZING!! I love her!! And I love love love your card! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

beautiful card Naomi, I like the frame the flowers and the colours.
Kevin xx

Lisa said...

You and Michael are in my prayers my friend. I hope he is feeling much better soon. I will pray that he doesn't need surgery on his back.

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! The design and colors are beautiful!! I love the pretty flowers!! So fabulous!!

Stay strong my friend and know that we are here praying for you both!! Hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ita said...

Sending you good vibes from across the water.i am in hospital myself since 9thSept.
Ita
Ireland

Wendy L said...

Naomi this card is beautiful.
Hope all goes well for Michael and you keep sane. xxxx

D- said...

Thanks so much for the update.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Hang in there.
Your card is very pretty.
So glad you found the photo to share.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

jessica said...

Thanks so much for the update on Michael! I hope all goes well with your next trip to the doctors!! hugs to both of you!
Gorgeous card too my friend! I LOVE it!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Naomi you are so brave..as a mother I cant even imagine how you are pulling it off yet remaining cheerful. Your card colors are stunning and the flowers look so good against the white.

Karen said...

Naomi, so much love and oodles of hugs are being sent to you and Michael tonight! (And every night, of course!) You are always in my prayers and I will continue to pray His strength and protection upon you both. I am so proud of you and Michael and look forward to the sunnier days ahead. Thank you for this update! Your card is gorgeous as ever... beautiful colors and stunning design. :o) Stay faithful, my friend! He will get you through victoriously!

Hugs and blessings!

Jennifer said...

So kind of you to keep us up-to-date on Michael's progress, I hope that everything goes well at the next appointments and that he doesn't need more surgery. I hope that you also manage to keep your sanity and your health.
This is a beautiful card Naomi, the colours are wonderful. Hugs, Jen x
Krafty Keepsakes

Karon said...

Beautiful card, Naomi. Love the flowers! Glad to hear that you are both doing well. Hugs, Karon.

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...